Recently, Dubai announced a Talent pass which allows arts, culture, education, media, marketing, consultancy, or technology professional freelancers to live in Dubai.
In January 2022, Dubai Airport Freezone introduced a licence for freelance work, in an association with Dubai Culture and the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the name of ‘Talent Pass’. If you too wish to work in Dubai, this can be your gateway.
What is Talent Pass?
The ‘Talent Pass’ is type of permit from DAFZ that allows a professional freelancer to work in Dubai. However, this licence is for those who want to work as freelancers, it does allow their dependents to to apply for a residence visa for.
Who can apply?
If your freelancing field falls in the categories, viz. ART, CULTURE, EDUCATION, MEDIA, MARKETING, CONSULTANCY, and TECHNOLOGY, you can apply for this pass.
How to apply?
- The above mentioned freelancers can apply for the license by visiting the official website of DAFZ( https://www.dafz.ae/en/talent-pass/)
- Uploading the required documents, which includes Passport copy, current visa copy, reference letters, Proof of past experience in the applied field, Resume, service list, and educational records.
- Once you have applied, the application will be reviewed by the authorities. After that, you will get a call back from their representative, if they need any feedback.
- Once your application is approved, you need to complete the further process.
- After approval, applicant for apply for office lease, if the work demands and proceed with visa application process.
- Now, applicant requires to pay the fees. The application fee of this pass is Dh 9,500. Notably, this fees is renewable annually and does not include visa costs.
- Once the application has been approved, it takes between 10 and 15 working days for the license to be issued.